Today's lunch was very yummy. I made a Spinach and Feta Quiche for my family.
We didn't have any cottage cheese in the fridge, so used some plain greek yoghurt instead. Good substitute and worked well.
Ill share the recipe below. It is a winner every time.
Please excuse the photos - don't normally take pics of my food and so struggled a bit. Hope you can get the idea and that the pics are good enough to get your taste buds going 😉
Spinach and Feta Quiche
125ml White Cheddar Cheese, grated
125ml Flour, sifted
75g Margarine, softened
8ml Lemon Juice
Salt and Pepper
125ml Cottage Cheese/buttermilk/mass/plain yoghurt
½ large Onion, chopped and fried
Pinch of Chicken Spice/Mixed Herb Salt
125ml Feta Cheese, crumbled
10ml White Cheddar Cheese, grated
3 extra large Eggs, beaten
1. Cut and rub-in the margarine into flour.
2. Add grated cheese and mix until a ball of dough is formed – it will become sticky.
3. Press into a pie dish and cover the bottom on the dish.
4. Put pastry in the fridge while making the filling.
1. Chop spinach into small pieces and then boil leaves in a little water, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
2. Mix all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour into base.
4. Bake at 180°C for about 40 minutes, until golden brown and firm.
5. Serve with a lovely fresh salad if you can.
Serves 3-4 people